Yesterday was fun. Observations:
- I saw a Borg-- voice and all. He startled the speakers.
- Nana Visitor is amazingly energetic and charming, witha wonderful laugh.
- Gates McFadden was witty and candid, and just a little loopy. Again, charming. She noted that Dr. Crusher's main love interests were a lamp and a slug, so Picard shouldn't be too flattered.
- Chase Masterson, Max Grodenchik, Aron Eisenberg, and Lolita Fatjo did a little "variety" show of skits (struggling with corded mics the whole time). "A" for effort.
- Nichelle Nichols loves to sing and be inspirational; she's not as keen on answering the question asked or being brief. That's ok, though-- her telling of the first interracial kiss story was well worth the time. Even if you know a story, there's something about hearing it told, especially by both a witness and a master storyteller.
- Something about the Creation Entertainment organizers strikes me as slick and smarmy: watching how they interact with volunteers, with one another, with attendees, and so on. Plus the fact that they sell everything for an arm and a leg; I suspect they'd gladly throw in their own gradmothers if the poor little old ladies had been signed by the original cast.
- Gates autographed a photo for me; Nana, Chase, Max, Aron, and Lolita signed a baseball. Nana told me, "I have one of these, too." Everyone seemed a little brusque or rushed, but it was a long day and I came after a long line.
- I caught myself staring at Chase's cleavage. Not good, but she kind of seems to go for that effect. It works (check the link if you don't believe me).