- For Mom and Dad, Civil War in Depth, Volume II. They've become Civil War buffs in their later years (perhaps they think they're older than they are), and I thought a book of 3-D photographs would be unique.
- Also for Mom and Dad, a musical Seattle snowglobe for them to keep with them in their travels. Points for sentimentality.
- For my sister, a deluxe, hardcover, illustrated version of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. She and I shared a beat-up set of The Chronicles of Narnia as kids and this will be perfect both for her and as my nephew grows up.
- For my nephew, many books: three Dr. Seuss volumes, with a buy two get one free deal (The Eye Book, Great Day for Up, and Marvin K. Mooney Will You Please Go Now!), plus Hello, Piglet!, a cloth board book. I'm glad he already loves books.
- For my brother-in-law, Dr. Seuss Goes to War: The World War II Editorial Cartoons of Theodor Seuss Geisel. I could only find the paperback, though, and I know he might prefer the hardcover. If so, I'll return it and indulge him from Amazon; I can relate to hardcover snobbery on certain items.
Now I'm doing laundry, making dinner, and doing all the little last minute things before my flight. I may have to leave my place just before 3 am to make the airport on time, but no big.
I think I'll take my travel journal with me rather than my iBook for the trip. I'll be back very late on the 26th, so my hiatus will be relatively brief. Until then, Merry Christmas!