- Bringing coffee from Victrola and pizza from Northlake in hopes that a taste of Seattle will get them to come visit.
- Good conversations, witty banter, fun entertainment (Brian Regan: I Walked on the Moon, Over the Hedge, Dirty Jobs, The Incredibles, etc.), and delicious food (smoked chicken, apple crisp, pecan pie, cheese biscuits, and so much more!) the entire visit.
- Playing Cranium Turbo Edition with hilarious family friends.
- Worshipping with One Accord Family Church on Sunday morning, with an old-fashioned potluck lunch afterward.
- Sunday dinner with Amy's grandparents.
- Swinging by Auburn on the way back to see Amy's alma mater (something I love to do as an old college geek).
- Spending lots of time with Amy.
Sweet (Amy's) home Alabama
There’s an underlying issue that’s been bugging me on the digital vs. analog stuff I’ve seen off and on for some time. So on Facebook, I tried to lay…
Last weekend was our church's annual Men's Retreat, with the theme of "Living Intentionally." Though I was only able to attend a portion of the time…
Hasn't been the easiest past couple of weeks. Nothing awful in the scheme of things; just a steady stream of losses and messes, departures and FUBAR…