—Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest (11 June, "Getting There")
Today's Utmost is perfect: convicting, powerful, on the mark and full of hope. This is the centerpiece of my struggles, my sin at its core and my freedom in His glory. There's nothing I can add now; it merits reading and prayerful consideration.
Good to have a slow and quiet morning. Today includes the delivery of plants and a fish from Micah (who will be studying in Scotland until September of next year), more groceries arriving in the late afternoon, and a an evening trip to IKEA with Anne, Heather, and Nathan. Need a dining table, among other things—recommendations welcome.
In a rare meme moment, I did this one from unblinkable's journal: 1. Take your LJ username and replace each letter with the corresponding number (A=1, B=2, etc...). If your name contains numbers, you'll need to convert them to letters first before you can convert to numbers.
2. Add all of the numbers together to create a kind of super number.
3. Make a note of the first digit of this number, then add the digits of the number together.
4. Find the post of this number in your LJ. If you don't have that many posts, add the digits together again. Keep doing so until the number is smaller than your pathetic number of posts.
5. Take the digit you noted in step 3, and count that many words into the post.
6. Use the resulting word in a Google Image Search, and select a picture from the first page.
7. Post the results for us all to see!
And here's the result (from the word "church"):
Realizing that I'm free in so many ways, in all ways that truly matter. That's pretty beautiful.