- Looking out over the bay to the Olympics rising majestically in the distance.
- Walking the streets near my apartment, lined with trees and flowers of all kinds, all in bloom.
- Eating a warm, old-fashioned grinder with an oatmeal raisin cookie and Coke from a glass bottle at Zootie's.
- Having friends who really know me.
- Being alive (this is the one I have the most trouble believing sometimes).
(Then I look down at the pile of receipts in the tray on my desk, and it dawns on me unbidden when I stopped entering them, and why. I never even realized. While my peace has been purchased and assured, it is many, many steps away...)